In the next few weeks we’ll be giving you some tips and insights focusing on SEO (on-page and off page), Paid Search Marketing, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, eCommerce and Mobile. What’s more important about all this, is how to bring it all together as an integrated, holistic, 360 degree digital marketing strategy.
As a creative and digital marketing agency, we believe in staying on top of the latest technology and online trends, and feel it is our duty to make sure you too are in the know.
One of the key services we provide is social media marketing. With an epic increase in demand for the use of social media platforms over the last decade, we strongly feel this is THE tool your company needs to sell itself. But what is social media and why is having a social media strategy so important in order for your brand to be successful? And how do you put one into place?
Margaret Rouse of WhatIs.com defines social media as “the collective of online communications channels dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content-sharing and collaboration.”
With an increasing online presence for most brands, your company needs to embrace a successful social media strategy in place in order to compete. Allow these following steps to guide you.
Identifying your brand
Before even thinking about producing a solid social media strategy, you need to ensure you know your brand through and through. What is its identity? It’s characteristics? Essentially, how do you want people to see you?
Social media is just one way in which you can sell and promote your brand personality, whether that’s via the more visual orientated platforms or word based ones. Defining what you’re all about is what will initially get the ball rolling.
Identifying your audience
In order for your strategy to be successful, you need to know exactly whom you’re catering for, who your audience is. What are their age, gender, and their interests? What is going to entice, attract and grip them? Are you trying to reach businesses or consumers? With so many social media sites about, the possibilities for audience engagement is endless, however you need to know exactly which ones to implement in order to reach your targeted audience. There’s no point using Pinterest to target people if you’re not a creative based brand, otherwise there would be no visuals to represent your brand and what you are all about.
Define your goals
Now you’ve established both your brand identity and audience, you can now set and define your goals and objectives. These could include:
- Building more awareness around your brand
- A channel to handle support or providing customer services
- Increasing your followers, likes, shares, retweets and so on (engagement)
- Drive traffic to and from your linking social media accounts
- For displaying visual content, think about using Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
- For more informative and text based content, use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Link all social media platforms together and to your website so they correlate. E.g. you can connect your Twitter feed to your Facebook page and visa versa, among others
- Consider creating a blog to keep your audience entertained and up to date with current issues to do with your brand. Link to topics your audience will be interested in and will engage with and ensure the content can be easily shared on the relevant platforms
- You want people to talk about you in a way that establishes you as a go-to company in your specialism
- You want to connect with your existing audience yet attract potential new customers
All of the above are objectives we can help you with in order to make the most of your brand. Follow these how-to tips and you’ve got a solid social media strategy frame in place, one you can’t go wrong with. After all, social media is the future for brands.
Find out more about Fasttrack’s digital marketing services.
(Image taken from business2community)